Saturday, December 6, 2008

Lots to prepare for...

May-June 2008

With such a big move coming up, I had a lot to do. Between putting the house on the market, telling my friends what was going on, packing, and preparing for an out of state move, I thought that I would have second thoughts. They never came. Still to this day, I have not once thought that I shouldn't have moved.

During this time, I spent a lot of time with my friends and family, knowing that after I left, it would be a while before I was back for a visit.

The week before I left, my friends threw a party for me. It was a good night to have all of my friends together, to share stories, jokes and take pictures. We partied into the wee hours of the morning, and the cops only showed up twice to tell us to quiet down!

Moving Day

The hardest part about this day was my last walk through the house. I lost it in the dining room. Leaving the keys on the table, I took one last look around and walked through the door for what could be the last time. My Dad and I drove the Uhaul to Mason City, which is where my twin sister lives...the three of us would take off the following morning at 5 am. After dinner with both of my sisters, my parents, and two close family friends, it was time for my Mom and sister to go home, and the movers to go to bed.

The drive West started early Saturday and ended mid-morning on Monday. I was in Missoula, Montana!

After unpacking the truck, the three of us headed up to Glacier National Park for a three day camping trip. It was the first time in many years that we had gone camping together, and was a good way to spend our last bit of time before they left for home.

After they left I set about unpacking and getting settled in my new apartment. I didn't know anyone and was completely alone, something that I hadn't been in a long time.

I enjoyed it.

No comments: