Friday, December 12, 2008

Letting go

I'm the type of person who holds onto things, mostly feelings...I just can't seem to let go as easily as I should. I hold grudges, though I have gotten a little better about it. I am trying to get past all that with the help of my boyfriend. He is a Buddhist and has been telling me about Buddhism teachings, gently educating me and giving me material to read that has proven to be quite helpful. It has been working pretty well, except for problems with one person in particular, my boss. He's a good guy. I like him as a friend, but not as a boss. I told him this two days ago while we were having a pow-wow, which we seem to have every couple of months. It helps us to be better co-workers. I was feeling great after our chat and thought we might have finally figured out our problems and how to avoid them.

I was in a great mood all day, even though my weekend plans had dissolved. Then it happened. He overstepped a very personal boundary and sent an email, as me, to my boyfriend. Now, while I know that he will understand, I am upset that my boss would do such a thing. Are we in elementary school again? I know that I should just "let it go" but I am having difficulty with this.

I can't change the fact that my boss is immature...so I must let it go.

Count to ten, breath, repeat as necessary.

No comments: