Sunday, December 7, 2008

Lifestyle change...

September 2008

By this time I was starting to get into the stuff that the locals do. I was visiting the breweries and chatting up other young professionals, hiking and fly fishing on nice days. I went to my first First Friday, which is held every month. Art galleries and shops stay open later and have refreshments and art to view/purchase. A great way to meet new people, and bump into people that I had been emailing but not yet met...

I had decided that it was time for me to get healthy...I stopped drinking soda, started watching what I ate. All this because of a book I read called "The Abs Diet". Very inappropriately titled, as I don't view it as a diet...just a lifestyle change. But it worked...I felt great and lost weight.

I was at that time dating, although not very seriously with anyone in particular...did I want a monogamous relationship, or was I not ready yet? Or perhaps I hadn't met someone that could keep me interested.

At the end of September, I went to Alabama to meet up with my sister and see our friend graduate from Officer Training School for the Air Force.

I was leaving for a week with someone on my mind back home...

It was with a heavy heart that I left my sister and friend. My sister went back home to Iowa, and my friend was starting her journey to Tuscon, Arizona.

October 2008

This month, I started hanging out with a very interesting young man. We both like to cook, are interested in wine, enjoy hiking and taking pictures...I felt comfortable with him right away.

Because of him, I joined a meditation group, and have enjoyed it. I just need to do it more!

I returned for the third time in four months to Glacier National Park to go camping and hiking. We took wonderful photos, saw a black bear up close, and saw and heard a pack of wolves. It was a successful trip!



No comments: