Sunday, December 7, 2008

Getting settled...

July 2008

I started working again on the first. That was the turning point, in which I knew that I was really living in Montana. I wasn't just on vacation, waiting to return home. I was already there.

I was unpacked already at the apartment and had spent the last couple of days finding my way around town. I was ready to start meeting people. I was invited to an Independence Day party with my co-workers where I was introduced to their wives and friends. It was nice to be included so quickly and I felt that everything was going quite well.

I decided that it was time to start dating again...it had been six years since I had been single and dating was new to me again. I thought that online might be an interesting way to meet people, and it was indeed. I met a handful of people and went on several dates, but no one was intriguing to me yet.

August 2008

By now, I was certain that I was home. I was meeting new people, work was going well, and I was golfing on a regular basis again! I was heading up to Glacier National Park again for my birthday with a friend. This would be my third birthday ever that I was not with my twin sister. That was a bit of a downer, but I would manage. I would be seeing her in little over a month when we would be meeting in Alabama to see our good friend graduate from OTS.

No comments: