Friday, June 19, 2009

One year later

Tonight is the anniversary of the eve of my departure from Boone, Iowa. Goodbyes had been occurring all day, actually all week, but my last day of work was difficult. I was leaving a wonderful staff and had many friends whom I would miss. Thoughtful gifts and cards were graciously accepted from friends, family, and even clients. One year later, I still have clients that ask how I'm doing and whether or not I am coming back (to which the answer is "no").

For the first time in my adult life, I knew the adventure that I was about to embark on was right. I was going out into the world alone. I could reinvent myself, start over, and move on. I didn't know anyone in Missoula, but I was okay with that. I knew that in time, great friendships would be made and Missoula would become home to me.

How have I done? Very well indeed! I'm happy to say that I have a wonderful group of friends that share common interests, a great boyfriend whom I learn something from everyday, a fantastic apartment that has put me smack dab in the middle of everything it seems, and of course, I have my work. I am happy here, and I am home.

So much has changed in the past year. I can only hope that it has all been for the better. The only change that is a visual one would be a picture of myself. Both were taken on June 17, the one on the left last year, and the one on the right, this year.


No comments: