Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chill

As I lay awake last night, unable to sleep yet again, I had a lot of things enter my mind. Mostly frustrations about not being able to sleep, and then feeling stupid for getting frustrated about it, as that surely wasn't helping me fall asleep. I have no problem almost nodding off during meditaion, during a movie, etc...why can't I sleep when I'm supposed to?

I really do know what my problem is. I put too much thought into unimportant things. Who cares what happened three days ago, three weeks ago, or three years ago. I just need to chill out and focus on what is important.

I need to live and be present in this moment, not the past, and certainly not the future. Right now is what is important.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I should really learn how to take my own advice...