Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hangin' in there...

Yesterday found me meeting up with a meditation buddy that I had met last fall, Nick. He is currently between his overseas experiences, having just returned from a two month retreat in Thailand, and is leaving for South Korea to teach English in just over two weeks.

It's kind of ironic that we were able to connect, as I didn't have any way to contact him. While meditating yesterday morning, he popped into my head, and I was a bit disappointed that I would not be able to meet up with him before he left, as he was spending the summer with his family in another town. I put that thought aside and continued with my 25 minute sit. Afterwards, I opened the front door to grab Oliver's chain so I could put him out for a bit before work, and there was a note between the doors...from Nick. He had a book of Justin's that he needed to return and left me his number. We had a nice chat and decided to meet up for a quick lunch before he headed home. Our quick lunch turned into just over an hour of catching up, and to be honest, it was just what I needed. Both of us are dealing with relationships ending, and talking about how we were feeling and how to cope with those emotions was helpful. His insight and hope for the future invigorated me as well. I came back to work sad to see him go, but in very high spirits.

Considering how sad I was at the beginning of last week, I've been pretty good, accepting that everything is as it should be...

No comments: