Saturday, July 31, 2010

31 days of meditation

I've done what I set out to do 31 days ago; meditate every day in July. There was never a day that I didn't want to meditate, and I soon found that it was best for me to sit before I left the house for the day. My attention span improved, I was often in a better mood than I would have been had I not meditated, and I was able to come to terms with a lot of stuff over the past month that otherwise might have been more difficult.

I'm happy to say that this will continue on. I can't justify not keeping it up when it has been so beneficial to me, and it is so easy to find 15-25 minutes to quiet the mind. And, having come to terms with the fact that I probably have ADHD, I would rather try to control it with meditation, exercise and diet.

Anyway, it's a beautiful Saturday morning here in Missoula, so I'm off to enjoy it.

No comments: