Saturday, August 1, 2009

Already August

We have officially entered the month in which I turn 30. The big 3-0. Whoop-ee-do-da. It doesn't bother me, per se, but what does bother me a little bit is how fast the past five years have gone. They (I'm not sure who they are) say that the older one gets, that faster time goes. Well, they were right!

Along with the past five years going by quickly, I am surprised at how quickly this summer has gone. It feels like it was just a couple of weeks ago that I was moving, and it has been two months already. In the past, August has always been the end of summer, but here in Missoula, it feels like we are just getting into the swing of it.

Over the past three weeks while Justin has been in China, I feel as though I have found new and interesting ways to spend my time. I've begun hanging out with friends that I already knew, but with being in a better location, it is much easier to meet up with them now. I've been training for my half marathon, going on bike rides, heading up to Caras Park,
a quick trip to Glacier National Park, attending meditations, studying Italian, and decorating my apartment, among other things. Tomorrow, if I am able to, I will run 7 miles, go on a bike ride with Jen, float the Clark Fork, and if there is time, do laundry, which is a whole new adventure for me (because of going to a laundromat). There is always something going on.

They say that time flies when you're having fun...I say, what better way than to spend your time having fun. Be it special occasions with friends, everyday errands, work, etc. Whatever it is, live it up. We've got this one life to live, and we should get the most out of it.

It would seem that I've been having a lot of fun the last five years! I've got no problem with that.

No comments: