Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Finally chilled out

Two months ago, I had a lot of anxiety. I couldn't calm myself down and just relax. I am happy to say that without much work, I have found my chill zone, or perhaps it has found me.

After dinner with Kimber on Friday evening, an intense calmness came over me. Almost trance-like, I sat at her kitchen table and felt completely at ease with the world around me. The pain that I had been feeling was still there, but I was no longer aware of it...somehow, it had faded. I went to bed early and slept as I have never slept before.

This happened again, on Sunday morning, after brunch at Kimber's. I had just run 7 miles, to cap off a 19 mile week, and we were preparing to float the river. Perhaps she is putting something in the food ;), or perhaps it is something else...

As I mentioned in a recent post, I have been hanging out with a bunch of different people in the last few weeks. The variety of interactions have been a great benefit to me. I feel invigorated, creative, and confident all at once. It is almost too much to handle so suddenly.

I am living in the here and now, not the what was, or what could be. This is exactly where I am supposed to be.

No comments: