Friday, August 21, 2009

Change of pace

I love people. I am almost sad when I am not around a small or large group of people, whether I know them or not. On the four nights so far this month (four out of twenty!) that I have stayed home by myself, I was restless for two of them, and thankful for the other two. Wanting to go out and be around people, and having the opportunity, I forced myself to stay home, for fear of getting burnt out. While I am not burnt out, I know that I need to change my attitude. I don't need to be around people all of the time.

This month is zooming by at warp speed. High school students have started back to school, college courses start in a little over a week, and then summer will fade into fall. While I am not a student, many of my friends are, and their focus will shift back to classes and course work. With this shift of the seasons, I hope to find time for me.

Running has been one of the only solitary thing I do now, well, that and sleeping. I still find running, as hard as it may be some days, to be relaxing. I don't worry about what I must do the rest of the day, or what happened the previous day. I just run.

So, as the season prepares for change, I accept the changes that have recently occurred in my life: the end of a fabulous relationship, the start of many wonderful new friendships, the appreciation of family, and the comfort in knowing that everything happens for a reason.

No comments: