Friday, August 7, 2009

Treadmill running

The last two mornings it has been raining pretty heavily at the time that I would normally run. With having plans both evenings, I was forced to get up at 5:30am and head to the gym to get my miles in on the treadmill. This was torture! Not getting up at 5:30, I can handle that, but running in place for 3 miles, then 4.5 today was so bloody boring!

The only good thing about running on a glorified hamster's wheel is that I was able to track my mileage accurately and found that I am running a 9 minute mile, which is what I thought I was running anyway. All I can say is that it had better be nice on Sunday for my 8 mile run.

And now, for something fun. It is totally an add for Citi card, but very fitting for this post.



At least this didn't happen to me!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I have to agree. Treadmills are so boring. You don't get the sense of accomplishment with the "runners high" like you do when you're outside experiencing the merciless ground and weather.

Julie said...

Happy to say that I ran ALL of my 8 mile run today...outside. It was wonderful. Just a bit of hip soreness, but now I'm fine!

CarFree Stupidity said...

Haven't visisted the blog in a while. Like the new look, and the great pic up on the banner.

Weird weather this summer isnt it?

Any success on building your bike?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.