Thursday, August 27, 2009

Busy because I want to be

I've done so much this past week and I've been too busy to blog about it.

To start, I finally made it to Artini, an event that the Missoula Art Museum puts on every third Thursday of every month. I read about it before I moved here, along with First Friday, but had never made it out to the museum. I was joined by Amy and Nora, new friends I've met through Blake. The cupcakes were delicious, and had we wanted to spend $6 for a glass of wine, we could have had that too. All of the art was spectacular! I will definitely have to make it out next month.

Friday, I had another golf tournament for work, and finally the weather cooperated! Sunny and 85. What a day! After that, Kimber and I were off to Choteau for the weekend. Talk about small town Montana, where everyone knows everyone. It was a nice, relaxing weekend, without cell service and internet. Sometimes, even I need to completely unplug.

Sunday, when I returned home, I had the great task of running 9 miles. What a challenge! I had wanted to run, but right from the get go, I noticed that my legs were tired. For about 2 miles, I felt like I was getting shin splints. As that sensation went away, I started getting a side ache, which eventually migrated to my lower left side. Around 4.5 miles, my left hip joint started to really ache. I stopped and walked on three different occasions, for one minute each time, and a water break and stretch break that took about 2 minutes. My time: 1 hr, 28 min. I was sore and tired and sleep was even painful! Riding my bike to lunch helped loosen me up on Monday. I hope that I handle my 10 mile run on Saturday better.

The rest of this week has been filled with the usuall stuff. One of the better moments was hanging out with Justin for the first time in almost two weeks. We made dinner and looked at about half of his photos from China...half. While I am still sad that we are no longer a couple, I am very happy that we will remain friends, and very easily at that.

I am still trying to find a night for myself. Tonight will not be it, as it is the last Dinner in the park. Perhaps Friday night.

No comments: