Sunday, August 30, 2009

Psycho

Well, I pulled it off. I stayed home on Friday night and enjoyed my fifth night of the month just doing nothing, going nowhere.

I actually had two visitors for about twenty minutes. My friend Arthur walked over to introduce me to my dog-nephew, Sunny. After that, I was left to my own devices, and I was actually very happy to be alone.

Right before sunset, I decided to bike the six blocks to a lookout where I could shoot some photos. I messed some of the more simple features with my camera and got some neat affects. Since the return of my camera, I have become slightly obsessed with wanting to figure out how to really use my D90. Photography is such a big part of my free time that I feel I should try to make it a side project/job.

Last night, I met up with some friends and we went to the Outdoor Cinema on the North side where Psycho was playing. I had never seen it and was happy to have seen it the way I did: on a blanket under partly cloudy skies with friends and a growler of beer. Had it not been for this setting, I am not sure I would have been able to sit through all of it. Not that it was a bad film, it wasn't. I am just a very antsy person that has trouble watching a news program without getting distracted. There were a lot of good quotes in this film, my favorite being right at the beginning..."I'll lick the stamps." Not sure why I like that one in particular, but it could be that it is just an off the wall kind of comment. :) All in all, it was a fun outing, of which I am sad to say next week's is the last night of Outdoor Cinema. They will be playing The Big Lebowski.

So, for now I am off. It is a beautiful day here in Missoula, and I think there is a trail and a couple of friends calling my name.

No comments: