Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New home, new job

It really is amazing how fast time goes when you are adjusting to new things. I've been in Helena now for two weeks exactly, and I can't believe it.

My first week of work flew by and I really learned a lot. There were stressful moments only because I felt like I was being pulled in 20 different directions, which I literally was. And they were directions that I didn't know. For the past 8 1/2 years I've done the same job, and I'm sure at first I was overwhelmed, but I can't remember that. What I do remember is that for the past six years, I've know exactly what was expected of me, and I just did it. No one questioned me, no one had to show me what to do. Now, I have no idea what I'm doing, and I'm very unsure of myself. However, each day is better than the previous day, and I am very happy that I've taken this huge step in my career.

My new apartment is great. I had most of my stuff unpacked within a few days, and have only to assemble my shelf so that I can unpack the last box onto it and hang pictures accordingly. That will probably happen this weekend...or maybe not. If it's going to be nice I'm going to do some hiking. With my new dog.

More on that in my next post.

No comments: