Monday, September 7, 2009

Peace

Yesterday I headed to Arlee with Justin, Matt, and Brad to the Peace Festival. Great music, vendors, and speakers were all there for a unified reason: peace.

It seems that so many in this world are not at peace. Some things we can not control, but in many areas of our lives, we can make a difference. Doing a good deed can leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling, a feeling of giving back to the community, humankind, etc. Do what you can and you will benefit and so will the people around you.

For the most part, I can say that I am at peace...I have finally re-established a good communication with my mom, something that has been lacking since early April. I think I just got tired of being mad at her for her lack of initiative. The phone may not work both ways, but I know that it works from my end, so why punish both of us?

In other areas of my life, I have also found a calmness that had been lacking before. I have a new understanding of what many of my different relationships need, and mostly, of what I need. I can only try to tell you what this feels like. For me, it is being able to be comfortable where ever I am, being able to be still and take a deep breath and know that everything is going to be all right.

And now, for my favorite pictures from the peace festival. Just looking at the statues put me at ease.


Yum Chen Mo

Rinpoche

No comments: