Thursday, May 7, 2009

Finally catching up

Not much has been going on in the last week, except that I feel like I am finally caught up on the little things. I finally went through some photos and sent them to be printed last night, an act that has taken me almost two months to get accomplished.

I am slowly catching up on my reading. I'm working on six months of Reader's Digest. Who would think that a little magazine like that would be hard to stay caught up on? Also, Mindy subscribed me to Women's Health at the start of the year, and I am now just one month behind.

As I have just started really working out again in the last week, I am finding the magazine most helpful, along with David Zinczenko's "The Abs Diet for Women". Read a great article about it here. I'm not sure if I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I started reading this last August. Made it to the exercise section and stopped reading since I was already working out. Now, not having formally worked out for several months, I want to tone and strengthen my body, and what better way than to try out this guy's workout. So, I have started and WOW, I feel great! I have been getting up before work and going to the gym and have found yet again, that it really does get me going for the day.

On Tuesday, Justin went for a 6+ mile run and I rode my new bike along with him, in the toughest gears, going down most of the side roads and then rejoining him. I don't know how far I went, but it was a fun workout, and the clouds and mountains looked amazing at 6:30am.

My bike is a Costco purchase, because I got too lazy to build my own. Got a great deal and I am looking forward to riding it often. It really makes me anxious to move to a more centralized location in June when my lease is up, so that I may bike to work, downtown, and friend's homes.

Oh, and just to let everyone out there know...May is here, and it is GREAT!

No comments: