Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Made it to Moab!

Heading to Idaho Falls on Tuesday night, I encountered a mini blizzard, in the dark, in unfamiliar territory. I persevered and made it only to oversleep a bit today.

On the way to Moab from Idaho Falls, I encountered two more mini blizzards (I should note that I love driving in snow, rain, etc...not really), and my first dust storm (which was kinda cool). I met Mindy at the local brewery around 4pm where we indulged in some great brews and dinner. Talking with some locals, we found that it would be near impossible to get a campsite inside the park, so we decided to camp on the edge of town at a nice campground. This works out well for a couple of reasons. First, Badass, the fish that is the purpose of this trip, is able to stay in the campground office where he will not freeze to death (temps to be in mid to upper 30's at night). Secondly, the nightlife and atmosphere in town is amazing and we will be able to get the best of both worlds now.

So...tomorrow, we are off for some hiking and what promises to be some great photos, but I leave you with a picture of the dust storm from I70, and another picture, just to let you know that we are in Utah...


No comments: