Monday, January 25, 2010

Baby Boom

No, I'm not pregnant. It just seems like everyone else is, or has recently given birth. My cousin just had twins this past week. In November and December, there were two babies born to very good friends as well.

Over the Thanksgiving holiday I found out that a dear friend was pregnant and expecting in May. While speaking with my best friend Lisa, it came out that she too, was expecting, again, in July. Add to that, my cousin's wife is also pregnant and expecting in April, as well as my bosses' wife due in late August.

I knew another friend was trying as well, and I've been meaning to call her. This morning's phone call from her brought great news. She too, is expecting in August, and right around my birthday!

Such great news from so many friends. And it does seem to go in waves. In 2008, it seemed as though everyone was expecting later that year, or early 2009. Well, wave two has hit, and as long as it doesn't hit this busy individual, I'll be just fine and dandy.

No comments: