Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Getting settled...again.

On Sunday, Justin and I moved into our new place with the help of our amazing friends. What I thought would take five hours or more on Sunday, only took three. The actual moving, that is. We are almost done getting settled, and have only a little bit more decorating to do, which will have to be finished by Friday evening, as we are having a housewarming party.

So far, everything is great! Very close to campus for him, and on a direct route for me to get to work. The River Trail is a block away and I have enjoyed my runs more not having to deal with traffic at all. Next Spring when the Farmer's Markets return, it will be very easy to get to, as will the First Friday festivities every month.

Oliver seems to be adjusting well, except that he has been waking me up for at least an hour at 5am. I've got my squirt bottle out now and he'll get an impromptu shower if he tries it again.

I've been told by a friend that helped me move in June, and this time, that we have to stay in this place for at least six months. No problem there, as we both love this apartment, and neither of us wants to pack and move again anytime soon.

No comments: