Friday, August 20, 2010

Photo Friday

This past weekend I celebrated my 31st birthday with Kristen at the Grand Targhee Bluegrass festival just outside of Driggs, ID. Yet again, this week has been super busy with visitors and friends so I have not gotten out with my camera, so all I have to share are weekend photos.

We headed out in a light rain from Missoula on Friday morning and arrived around 4pm to cloudy skies and cool temperatures. We set up our tent and headed into the venue for the evening. Unfortunately, it started raining around 8pm and we were completely soaked and cold for the rest of the night. However, we still managed to hav
e a great time, meeting several new and interesting friends.

On Saturday and Sunday, the weather was perfect, with no clouds in sight all day. The music was wonderful, as was the food and microbrews!

Monday morning we took the ski lift up and were greeted with a fantastic view of the Grand Tetons. It was a great weekend and I am looking forward to going to another festival sometime.

These last two photos were taken with my phone so I thought I'd share them as well. The monstrous zucchinis were grown in my backyard garden, as were the carrots. Last night I started shredding one of the zucchs and made a batch of zucchini raisin cookies. So delicious! The rather large beaver is one that has been visiting my backyard sporadically to munch on the apples. As long as he stays out of my garden he is a welcome visitor!

No comments: