Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Having a ball in Montana

It seems like my posts here are few and far between, but I assure you, I'm still around. Between working on my classes at night and hanging out with friends, I have found it hard to find time to get on here and fill everyone in on what's been happening. Here goes:

First of all, I've completed my first three classes, thus acquiring my Accredited Jewelry Professional certificate. What the course says this means is that customers will be more comfortable buying from me because they will see me as a more knowledgeable salesperson. Whatever they want to think about it is fine with me.

On Saturday, I headed to the Black and White Ball with several of my friends. It was an excuse to buy a new dress, and of course, new shoes too! Kimber offered to do my hair and makeup and I gladly accepted. We all looked fabulous and had a great time and even did a bit of dancing.

Sunday morning, Justin and I got up at 5:30 to head up to Glacier National Park. It was our first visit this year and it was wonderful. The weather was perfect, with hardly any clouds and just a slight breeze. We were able to have a picnic along the river just outside the east side of the park which was as far as we could get :( The plan had been to set up our tent and take a nap in the afternoon, but I felt fine by then after a short snooze on the way up, and convinced Justin that it wouldn't be worth the effort. McDonald Lake was as flat as glass and the reflections were great. I have been going to GNP so much since I've moved to Montana, that I want to start going to other places more frequently as well, but as always, Glacier did not disappoint and I was happy to be there.



My next short trip for photography and time with Justin, I would like to head towards Yellowstone. A change in scenery would be nice and a different subject to capture would stimulate my creative tendencies in a different way, as I seem to get my jewelry ideas from my surroundings and it's time to change things up a bit.

No comments: