Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Almost enough time

Here we are, with Christmas just around the corner, quite literally! Even though it is the same time, every year, I always seem to be caught off guard. I'd still like to run out and get one more thing, but am not sure that I will have time...

As far as work goes, people are still coming in, begging for their gifts to be done on time, and me squeezing them in to make as many people happy as possible. I love that look of appreciation on their faces. I hate that they've left their gift buying to the last minute, (a chuckle arises at the realization that I too, am one of them). As I sit here, I hear an advertisement on the radio for my jewelry store, and the urgency of the season returns. Upon my arrival at work this morning, I know that it will be a day full of energy, favors, and rushing around. I love this time of year, when the workday goes by in the blink of an eye. This year it seems that the rush has started a bit late. With the pressure on and time dwindling, I find that I don't feel overwhelmed. I do what I can, and if I can't, I except that. This is my stress less week, and whatever I am doing, it seems to be working.

Justin went home on Tuesday, essentially giving me more time. Time to wrap the gifts that I have already gotten, and time to myself, which is always nice, although not very often taken when the opportunity arises. When I go to work tomorrow, I will leave directly to go to Helena where I will spend my first Christmas with his family, meeting his sister for the first time, and playing plenty of Euker. My time in Helena will be short lived, as I will arrive by 5pm on Christmas eve, and I must leave very early on the 26th to make it back to work in Missoula.

I am very thankful that I will be with Justin and his family this holiday season, while my own family is hunkering down in Iowa to wait out a winter storm. It's ironic that while I live in Montana, 20 hours from home, I am not spending my Christmas alone, and my sister, who lives less than two hours from home will be forced to spend it without family, due to the weather. So, Michelle, I will be thinking of you quite often on Friday, and I'll see you then, albeit via web cam.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: