Monday, February 2, 2009

Six more weeks...

Today, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow. Woopee do da. There is always six more weeks of Winter.

While I am ready for Spring and Summer to be here, I don't mind Winter either. I still haven't built a snowman or gone sledding. I have a snowball fight that I want to start, and finish, and I would like to do some more snowshoeing. And face it, in Missoula, this winter hasn't been all that bad. We have gotten substantial snow once, have had only one really cold spell, and only one inversion that lasted just over a week, and I do believe that it lifted during the day some of the time. We could be covered in snow, like my home state Iowa, or slipping and sliding in Kentucky, where the whole National Guard was called in to help with the ice. With any luck, we will have a couple more snowfalls, so I can complete my winter "to do" list. Then I will be ready for Spring.

No comments: