Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another fire is lit

I'm ashamed to say that I have not worked on my GIA class since, gasp, late August. Oh my, how the time has slipped away. However, with the new year already well under way, I have a new sense of motivation. Now that I am working for a gem lab in Bozeman, it sure would be nice if I could grade diamonds and gemstones, don't ya think? While we are busy, by boss is able to do all of the grading and identification, for now. As we get busier, we will both need to do it, so that means that I need to get on the ball and finish up my diamond course so that I can start the Colored Gemstones portion of the certification.

Last year, I noticed that my dedication to the classwork started to wane in the summer months, mostly because I am an active person who likes the outdoors. Naturally, I thought that I would get back into the class and be more focused once the days grew darker and the weather more frigid. That is where I am right now. I have decided that I just need to do it and get it over with, otherwise I never will. After all, what I really want to get to is the colored stone course and can't do both at the same time.

So as I hunker down with my diamonds again, I vow to be finished by, lets say, the end of February. That means a lot of reading, reviewing, and studying are coming my way. That's okay, I've got a fireplace I can work in front of.

No comments: