Thursday, April 8, 2010

Change is good...

...and a bit unsettling. As I wrote in a previous post, my assistant manager just left 12 days ago. Now, it is my manager who is leaving. While I can't say that I am surprised, the timing is a little bit of a shock. Loosing two co-workers just over two weeks apart is enough to rattle anyone. Now the task of finding a new manager for my store has started and I can only hope that he/she is a good fit.

Whoever becomes my new boss, I wish them luck. We are a very diverse staff, and look forward to meeting and working with a new member of our family.

With that in mind, I am also a bit reluctant to let anyone new in. We are kind of set in our ways, each knowing what the other needs to do to keep the ship afloat. However, sometimes just keeping afloat isn't enough. We need wind in our sails as well.

The winds of change are on the horizon.

No comments: